He will be subject to waivers and will . Jersey

Leave us your questions about Studio-Scrap:
If you don't know how to do something... If you feel that something is not working...

He will be subject to waivers and will . Jersey

Postby linchao » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:16 am

The Oakland Raiders waived Bruce Irvin on Saturday after the team's leading pass rusher had his playing time reduced significantly in recent weeks.Irvin played just nine snaps in a 34-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night. He will be subject to waivers and will be owed about $3.8 million for the rest of the season if he isn't claimed next week."We would like to thank Bruce Irvin for his years of service to the Oakland Raiders and we wish him the best Blue Eddie Goldman Jersey ," general manager Reggie McKenzie said.Oakland came into the year banking on Irvin and Khalil Mack to serve as bookend pass rushers anchoring the defense. Mack was traded a week before the season to Chicago for a package of draft picks following a lengthy contract holdout, and now Irvin is gone too.Irvin thanked the Raiders organization for his time in Oakland."I will always cherish my experience with the Oakland Raiders," he said on his Twitter feed. "As the seasons change, so do our roles and I look forward to continuing my journey with the NFL!"The Raiders (1-7) rank last in the NFL with just seven sacks and have a league-worst 35 quarterback pressures, according to SportRadar. The next worst team is Tennessee with 59.The 31-year-old Irvin has three of the sacks and five of the pressures but has had little impact on a defense that is on pace to be one of the worst ever. Irvin has just six tackles despite an $8 million salary.Oakland is allowing 6.76 yards per play, the worst by any team through eight games since the 1970 merger. The Raiders have allowed the second-most points as a franchise through eight games (252), are tied for the second-fewest takeaways (six) and have the fewest sacks (seven). Oakland also has allowed opponents to have a 113.9 passer rating http://www.authenticschicagobears.com/cheap-adrian-amos-jersey , a mark that only one team ever has been worse than over a full season.Irvin played just 24 snaps in Week 8 against Indianapolis and then just nine against the 49ers. Irvin's six games with his fewest snap counts since joining the Raiders in 2016 have come this year. Irvin had one tackle, no sacks and no pressures his final three games.Coach Jon Gruden attributed the lack of playing time to Irvin not being part of the base defense against the 49ers."We weren't in our nickel defense very much," Gruden said Friday. "Remember we're a 4-3 team, we're not a 3-4. So in the base defense, sometimes he doesn't fit the role that we need done. No disrespect to Bruce. He's an edge rusher. We haven't had a lead. We haven't had the opposition behind in the chains a lot. So his role has been reduced. I know he's frustrated. I'm frustrated. We'll try to solve that as soon as possible. He's a good player. He's a good player."Irvin was on the field for just seven of the team's 23 snaps in nickel formation with his other two plays coming in goal-line defense.Irvin had 15 sacks his first two seasons with the Raiders. Irvin's 11 forced fumbles since the start of the 2016 season are the most in the NFL in that span.The Raiders have now cut two of the players picked as captain this season having already released linebacker Derrick Johnson last month. Yesterday, I looked at the most surprising Bears player through four games.It’s been fun to look back through a quarter of the season and have a winning team to pour over. The downside is that there weren’t so many players that jumped out to me as surprising because so many were hyped up throughout the offseason, and then lived up to it when the games counted.On the flip side though Blue Dion Sims Jersey , it’s difficult to pick a disappointing player because there hasn’t been much to be disappointed about. Any time I get to write about a winning team, it’s a good thing, but that means that I have to dig a little deeper and likely pick a disappointing player that could cause some protest.But, maybe spurring a conversation is a good thing. My initial thought for disappointing player was Eric Kush. He’s struggled at times and been called for a couple of penalties. However, there wasn’t much to be expected from him to begin with. He’s been a bit of a journeyman/back up most of his career, and so it made sense that he would eventually give his position up to rookie James Daniels. This week may be that week, because he has already been rotated in for Kush in the last couple of games before the bye.However Blue Tarik Cohen Jersey , my pick is Jordan Howard. Granted, I understand that a lot of his struggles likely stem from game plans and from defenses keying in on the Bears run game in favor of making Mitch Trubisky beat them (which nearly worked for the first three weeks).Howard has near-identical carries as he did through four games last year (63 in 2017, 64 this year) but in 2017 he already had four touchdowns, 252 yards and a 4.0 YPC average. This season he’s at 203 yards, one touchdown and 3.2 YPC. According to Football Outsiders his DYAR (value overall) and his DVOA (Value Per Play) are way down from last season. His success rate of 55 percent, mixed with his DVOA (-15.7 percent), suggests he is getting yards he needs but nothing more Blue Cody Parkey Jersey , per FO’s own metrics (click the link above for more).Before you say that Howard is simply facing eight man boxes a lot, note that Next Gen Stats says that he is facing that just 17.19 percent of time, whereas Saquon Barkley is facing eight man fronts 22.54 percent of the time and Ezekiel Elliott 25.81 percent of the time.I do think that he will get going again but so far this season, I am disappointed. Who do you think has been the most disappointing?
linchao

Return to Your questions about Studio-Scrap - Scrapbooking software